Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year of the Dog! Enjoy 2018 with The Guardians of the Earth Type Planets



This Chinese New Year, which starts on the 16th of February 2018, is the Year of the Dog. So my illustrations show one of my favorite mythological Egyptian Gods called Anubis. Here I drawn him as a puppy that is the new pet for the protagonists of my novel taking place in planet Twinmortal: The blond red-haired girl Amaranth and the King of Onom with Egyptian appearance called Sun Wukong.

To know more about Anubis in Egyptian mythology I recommend you to visit the National Archeological Museum (MAN) in Madrid which website has plenty of information both in English and Spanish.


Sun Wukong is the character of the month for January. He was created in the second part of the novel when Amaranth, Loto and Enyo are traveling together in planet Twinmortal trying to find the castle in the map. Therefore, apart from personal sources, he is based on the Ancient Egypt that arose an interest in me because I always liked movies like The Mummy (1999, Dir. Stephen Sommers) and videogames set in Egypt like Tomb Raider The Last Revelation (1999, Core Design) but also he was combined with my fandom for Shonen manga characters especially Son Goku from Dragon Ball (1984-present, Opening 2 which is one ofthe best songs “We Gotta Power” by Hironobu Kageyama) created by Akira Toriyama.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and to read as much as you can anywhere and anytime!

Puppy dog Anubis & Sun Wukong
 
Amaranth, Sun Wukong & puppy dog Anubis

The first 13 chapters of my novel are free in Goodreads & Amazon!





No comments:

Post a Comment