Sunday, November 19, 2017

Character of the month: Hanshin

Hanshin was one of the first characters for my novel The Guardians of the Earth Type Planets. She is half machine and half human: Her own technology allows Hanshin to use her body as the ultimate weapon using her hair to destroy anything that comes on her way. This mysterious woman is the one who gave the map to our protagonist Amaranth so that she could start her journey in planet Twinmortal.

My inspiration for Hanshin comes from many sources but I wanted to recommend a few that were the best TV series and movies that my generation watched having artificial intelligent beings or halves just like her:

The Terminator (1984, Dir. James Cameron)

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991, Dir. James Cameron)

Dragon Ball Z (1989-1996, Dir. Daisuke Nishio)

The Matrix (1999, Dir. Lana and Lilly Wachowski)

A. I.Artificial Intelligence (2001, Dir. Steven Spielberg)

Chobits (2002, TV series Dir. Morio Asaka)

The Matrix Reloaded (2003, Dir. Lana and Lilly Wachowski)

The Matrix Revolutions (2003, Dir. Lana and Lilly Wachowski)

The Animatrix (2003, several directors and writers)

I, Robot (2004, Dir. Alex Proyas)

Apart from this, to think about artificial intelligence life it motivates me a lot The Complete Robot (1982, Isaac Asimov) and Blade Runner: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (1968, Philip K. Dick).

I hope you enjoy this character of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment